Buster On Socialism:
When I talk about the Democratic Socialist Bernie Sanders, many readers love to quote me Margaret Thatcher, who said “Socialists are happy until they run out of other people’s money.”
Margaret, bless her hard heart, clearly misunderstood the concept of “taxation.” Government is in the business of Spending Other People’s Money. They’re gonna take your money no matter what. That’s a done deal.
The question is: How do you want them to spend your money? Right now, most of it goes to war machinery and subsidies and tax breaks for the rich and the corporations who have bought your Congress. Is that OK with you?
It kind of makes sense to me that you take some of that money and put it toward rebuilding your infrastructure, which will create a ton of private sector jobs; investing to make sure your kids are educated for the jobs of the future; paying for programs to keep your citizens healthy; and asking profitable businesses and corporations to stop expecting the taxpayers to pick up the tab for food stamps and medicaid because they are not willing to give their workers a living wage.
“Socialism” is just a word that scares you because there are people going out of their way to scare you. This ain’t Russia, or Cuba, or China or Nazi Germany or even Greece. This is America and the basic things that Bernie is talking about are things most of you had in the economic “glory” days of the 50s and 60s when America truly was exceptional. What’s wrong with that?
Buster on the “New” Republican Job Program:
Let’s put our young people to good use. Let’s call it the Work And Redemption (WAR) program. Here’s the plan:
- Block all legitimate jobs programs, such as putting people to work rebuilding America’s infrastructure.
- Cut services for the poor and middle classes, keep the minimum wage low, ship as many jobs as possible overseas and cut education so that fewer young Americans will be qualified for good jobs in the U.S.
- Go rogue, saber rattle and stir up more trouble in the Mideast.
- Offer a nice armed services “signing bonus” to young people who are desperate.
- Support Your Troops by wearing an American flag lapel pin.
- Cut benefits to Veterans who are no longer useful to the WAR program.
- Invest in the military industrial complex and the funeral industry.
- Never reinstate the military draft.
Submitted By: Buster Brown Town